As we pulled out of the grocery store parking lot, an ambulance whizzed past us, lights flashing. "Uh-oh. Ambulance! I hope no one got hurt," Elisabeth called from the back seat. Renewed my faith in humanity, that single comment did. You see, from the moment Libby could form sentences, whenever she heard sirens, she would comment, "I hope SOMEONE got hurt!" No matter how I tried to correct her, she was insistent-- and consistent. I was starting to believe she meant it.
Meantime, I had a little heart-to-heart with Amanda this morning, as we were the only two up early. I reminded her that I was going out of town with some friends this weekend, so the kids would be home alone with Daddy. "Good!" she exclaimed, and then immediately tried to cover her tracks with a guilty look. I said I knew she liked being with Dad, but asked her why it was better when Mommy was gone. She was honest. "Well, I guess it means we'll be watching movies all weekend long. Plus, Daddy lets us open new cereal boxes, even before the old ones are gone."
Benjamin had his own opportunity to dazzle and amaze this morning, in his cognitive assessment for the school district's Early Childhood program. I'll write more on his status tomorrow, after we go for the orthotics fitting. Suffice it to say, he's no dummy.
1 comment:
Can't wait to hear more about Benny's assessment! Amanda was great tonight. I hope she had fun.
Post a Comment