My bladder woke me around 3 a.m. As I lay in my warm bed, trying to determine whether I could hold it till dawn, I heard Elisabeth cough, so I decided to get up and check on her. She was fine, but AMANDA WAS NOT IN HER BED! She was downstairs, in the den, every light on, wrapped up in a blanket, watching television! When I pointed out it was the middle of the night, she argued with me-- saying she had seen light out her window. I asked her how long she had been watching TV, and she said, "Two shows."
I dragged her, sniveling and protesting, back to bed. She told me she couldn't sleep in her room because it makes her have "bad thoughts." After going through all the routines of music, feet rubbing, the "out bad dreams" chant/dance, and "magic spray," she still followed me back to my room and made her bed on the floor.
All I could think was, "What is her kindergarten teacher going to think?" The girl is going to be a zombie, falling asleep in class; plus, she has these big gashes under her right eye from an attack by her sister. Here are the actions I have already taken, or am considering:
1. Telling her she cannot get up if Daddy is still in bed.
2. Putting a digital clock in her room and telling her she cannot get up unless the first number is 7.
3. Unplugging the TV.
4. Hiding the remote.
5. Blocking the channels she likes. (Did you know there actually are cartoons on at 3 a.m.?!)
1 comment:
Try the digital clock. she is smart enough to tell time on that! Good luck. i don't remember you doing that too often...go figure!
Post a Comment