
Today, I am all about the buck.
You know I'm looking for a job. Apparently, I am not looking hard enough, as I have not yet found one. But, I did send off a resume yesterday, on a hot tip I got from a friend. Today, the company's owner called me-- to tell me I was overqualified. (I think he said "grossly overqualified.") I've never understood that one. If I am willing to do the work you need for the rate you're willing to pay, then don't you WANT someone who is "overqualified?" I suspect the real issue is that I said I was not available to work full-time, at least not during regular business hours. And, I certainly do understand that. He just didn't believe me when I told him I could do a full-time job in half the time it takes a mere mortal...
So, in the meantime, I'm selling stuff on eBay. Laugh if you want. I'll be laughing, too, all the way to the bank! Seriously, I just decided to list some of that extra stuff that has been piling up around my house following some overzealous shopping jaunts. The things I thought people would be clamoring for are still sitting bid-less. The junk I thought no one would want is being bid up to three times what I paid for it. My big anxiety now is that I won't be able to figure out how to receive all those electronic payments, or that the shipping will cost me more than I estimated.
Then, I need to get all this bank stuff changed over. I opened the new accounts, but still have not closed the old accounts, due to bill pay and automatic payments. Way too many companies have their fingers in my checkbook. And, why do school photos-- PRESCHOOL photos, at that-- now cost $37?
3 comments:
A, you were grossly overqualified the day you were out of diapers. They don't know what they're missing! Anyhow, you crack me up and I'll be riding your EBay coat tails all the way to the bank. Matt sold his Jeep on there today! Ding Dong the Jeep is gone....
I'm with you on the preschool photo thing. . . although I think Kazmer's range from $20-30. Did you have to buy them before she has them taken? What if they suck?
Did Ellen really write the word "SUCK"? what is this world coming to? Want to clean my toilets and iron? I will pay you $1.00!!!!!!
Post a Comment