I'm cheap. But, really, let me tell you something you don't already know! For many things, I will buy whatever is on sale... whatever I can find and make due with on the clearance rack. Todd sometimes asks, "Is there anything in this house that does NOT come in with an orange sticker on it?!"
But, sometimes, you just can't compromise. My husband has many, many rules like this: only Crest tarter control original toothpaste, only Skippy creamy peanut butter, only Paul Mitchell hair mousse, only Old Spice deodorant-- NOT antiperspirant, only Domino's Pizza, only Krusteaz pancake mix (a gradual shift from Bisquick.) I used to argue with him that we spent so much more money than we had to. However, if I bought a different brand, then it didn't get used at all, so that was really wasting money.
Over the years, I have developed my own "standards." Sometimes, you just can't go the cheaper route-- it's not worth it. So, today's lists are items on which I just cannot compromise:
IN THE KITCHEN
1. butter (any brand of salted sticks, just NO margarine)
2. Hormel pre-cooked bacon
3. Glad Force Flex trash bags
4. Palmolive dish soap
5. Campbell's tomato soup
IN THE BATHROOM
1. Sonicare power toothbrush
2. Olay Daily Facials disposable washing cloths
3. Cottonelle toilet paper
4. Bath & Body Works liquid hand soap
5. Clorox disinfecting wipes
IN THE NURSERY
1. Pampers Cruisers diapers
2. A&D Original diaper rash ointment
3. Old Navy cuffed socks (but I do shop the outlet)
4. Leap Frog learning toys
5. Purell hand sanitizer
I feel the same way about jewelry and purses... Buy the good stuff. Now, if only our household budget lived up to all my lofty ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment