Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Progress

What better inspiration to start the day than the smell of your son, all the way down the hall from his room? But, he made up for it on the changing table, when he said, "bubble." These days, he squirms around and tries to buck off, so I try to give him something to hold. The item of interest this week is a swim diaper with pictures of Nemo and Dory. But, he does point to the fishy eyes when he says "bubble."

We did have a breakthrough-- kind of-- in the Amanda department. I bought a digital clock with a multicolor readout and told her she could not get out of bed until the green number was a "7." She told me when she awoke this morning, the first number was a "6," but she stayed in bed until the numbers said "7-0-0."

And the lovely Elisabeth had a moment of her own. Last night, when I came into the girls' room to put them to bed, Libby screamed at me, "Get out! I don't want to see you!" What?! This is all sounding a little too familiar? Well, she had been perfectly fine up until that point, so I sat on the edge of her bed and asked what was wrong. She melted into me with violent sobs, and it took a while before I could translate what she was saying: "I'm a liar! I lied about EVERYTHING today!" So, I gave the typical parenting speech about the importance of telling the truth, keeping trust, blah, blah, blah... and then asked if there was anything specific she wanted to tell me. "You know how I told you the ribbon on my brand new dress 'just ripped?' Well, I CUT IT!" Yeah, I had already cracked that case.

2 comments:

Noel Paukert said...

Keep your eye on that girl!

Happy Halloween!

Ellen said...

LOVE IT!