OK, this is kind of funny...
I have noticed for a couple weeks now that not one single person has left a voice mail message on our home phone. There was nothing really pressing going on, no information I was missing, so I haven't burned too many brain cells thinking about this issue. But, I had noted familiar names on the caller ID-- a neighbor, a friend who was hosting an upcoming party, even a high school girlfriend I rarely get to talk to-- who ALL did not leave messages.
Today, I was putting away boxes of Christmas decorations in the basement, and I noticed a red, flashing light on the phone base. Just one of the many quirky things about us-- we keep the base to our phone system in our unfinished basement... long story. Apparently, about THREE WEEKS AGO, someone hit the button to turn on the answering machine. This started a weird, generic electronic outgoing message, and bypassed voice mail altogether.
There were plenty of messages on that darn machine, including some from all the above mentioned women. There were some pretty funny ones from my mom, too, including, "Hello, hello? I don't like that creepy guy's voice," and "Are you alive? I talked with Todd earlier and he didn't seem to know either."
I turned the answering machine back OFF, so you should get voice mail-- my voice-- again the next time you call the house. Sorry for not calling you back.
No comments:
Post a Comment