Amanda and Elisabeth were dancing along with a Hannah Montana video this morning when I heard Amanda exclaim, "This is like totally wicked awesome!" Later, she asked me a question-- something like "What's the biggest number?" And, while I was attempting to explain infinity, she interrupted me: "Just a second, Mom, I gotta take this call," and she held a crayon up to her ear. The imaginary phone call went on for a while, with a lot of giggling, and Amanda repeating, "I know I'm, like, totally hot, but I still won't go out with you." Oh, joy.
On the topic of annoying things kids say, Benjamin has started pointing to things he likes (a photo of his cousin on a blog, the pages of a toy catalog) and grunting, "Ooh, ooh!" like an orangutan. Also, whenever asked a simple question, such as, "Where are your socks?" he answers, "I have no idea." Yeah, it's not so cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment