
I have heard from a couple of mothers of Amanda's friends and classmates that their children are coming home with a political push apparently begun by my daughter: "Amanda says we need to get out and vote on Election Day... and we need to vote for the good guy-- John McCain."
Some of you may find this inspiring, some frightening, some funny... but I find it just plain odd. Of course, you assume she got it from Todd. But he's hardly been home all month. And I never talk politics, certainly not when the kids are around. I have noticed Amanda can identify Barack Obama from television and newspapers, and that kind of surprised me, but, still, it's nothing we've ever really talked about. Then again, when I relayed to Todd what was happening, he asked me whether I'd apologized to the other mothers. That hadn't occurred to me, either.
I remember when I was in first or second grade, it was an election year, and our school had its own election. Only, instead of voting for president, we voted for our favorite television show. We had to go up individually and whisper in the teacher's ear, very official-like. I voted for "The Brady Bunch."
No comments:
Post a Comment