Friday, August 7, 2009

Dark Cloud of Doom

All this week, I feel as though there is a black cloud hanging over Krinkeland. While everything is well with our immediate family, that is definitely not the case with other extended family members and friends. It's gotten so I don't want to answer the phone, because I'm afraid someone else is calling to tell me something awful. But, with the fancy cell phone, I can't escape the news. Email and text messages just pop up on the screen.

If your prayer list is running a little short, here are some requests that could surely use your attention:
*Todd's cousin, Danine, 51, died of renal cancer on Wednesday. Her funeral is Saturday.
*The organist-- and a great lady-- from our old church, Monica, 60, died of a stroke last Friday.
*Our friend, Chuck, slightly over 40, remains hospitalized with pancreatitis and related complications.
*Laura, the wife of one of my former classmates and the friend of a very good friend, is preparing to undergo brain surgery on Monday to remove a tumor.
*A close friend is going through a painful, personal loss.

Thank you.

No comments: