
It's a milestone day here in Krinkeland. Today, Madeline learned to pull down on the toy hanging from the handle of her car seat.
Each of my children has had one of these small, plush toys dangling above their little faces in their infant carriers. Amanda's and Elisabeth's were actually bugs. Maddy's, a shower gift from Grandma-- who I believe also bought the similar toys for the other kids-- is a lion. Between the ages of three and four months, each of my children has learned how to pull down on the toy and make it shake and rattle back up into position.
The older children and I have taken turns pulling the toy for Madeline, so she can see what it does. She has carefully observed, but has seemed more in the mode of being entertained than actually studying for her own knowledge. Benjamin loooves to hang on the lion, whip it around the bar, pull on it in church so it makes its loud rattling noise down the pew.
Today, I was standing in a checkout line, with the Madeline in the infant carrier on one arm and the diaper bag with wallet in hand on the other. The three older children were running circles around my legs, when I felt the vibration and heard the Jittery Pal rattling up its cord. I turned to scold whichever little urchin was leaning over the baby and playing with the toy... But only the baby was there, playing with her own toy. The genius gene lives on.
1 comment:
What else would you expect?
Post a Comment