We have returned from our annual trip to "the cabin" with Grandma and Grandpa R. and Aunt Lisa. We stayed a bit longer, as the nice weather appeared just as we were planning to leave. The kids got to hit all their regular haunts-- candy stores, go-kart tracks, crappy souvenir stands, the bison ranch-- and they were thrilled. We took them to Itasca State Park and explained about our state and national park systems, as well as all about the source of the Mississippi River. That day, we ran into one of Amanda's classmates and her family. The next day, we saw a teacher from Amanda's school.
There was also plenty of time to swim and to fish and-- Benjamin's main goal-- to "empty out the lake." We lost count of how many half-full buckets he towed from the shallow water to the beach... but he was having a ball. The three older kids kind of slept, and Madeline and I learned we can be zombies just about anywhere.
Today is Grandma R.'s birthday, and for a present, we left her in peace. I will post photos as soon as I dig myself out from under the mountain of laundry.
1 comment:
Ohhhh! that candy store! Aunt B's is my favorite place too! Love the toffee. Can we work out a deal that you bring back toffee on the weekend you're there and I'll bring back your fav on the weekend we're there?
Post a Comment