Monday, August 31, 2009

Sleep, Glorious Sleep!

I'm doing it, going out on a limb and saying it, typing it and sending it into the blogosphere. I hope I don't regret this: MADELINE IS SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! The past few nights now, I have put her down around 10 p.m. and she has slept till at least 6 a.m. (Today, it was 7!) Last night, she let out one wail around 11 and then I heard her sucking on her fist at 4 a.m., but she never cried out for me, so we must have both fallen back asleep. She's done this once in a while in the past, but now appears to be establishing some kind of pattern.

This is a HUGE development in Krinkeland. None of my other children ever slept through the night till about nine months. As time has gone on, I have accepted the sleep deprivation, but have never really adjusted to it. It's amazing how my outlook on the day and my productivity changes with even four or five straight hours of sleep. Conversely, if I haven't had at least one good stretch-- watch out! (Todd can testify.)

The older two girls were up during the night-- one complaining about bug bites and the other complaining about curlers in her hair. But that's just a mother's lot in life. And, now that I announced it, Madeline is sure to be up every two hours tonight.

No comments: