When shopping the after-Christmas clearance, my three-year-old picked up this large, stuffed Mickey Mouse decoration, and asked, "Please, PLEASE we please take Mickey home?" At 75% off the retail price, how could I say no?
Mickey sat next to Madeline in the cart, where she dared him to jump out, and held him dangling over the side of the basket. She also told him, "Mickey, you have such pretty eyes." And she petted the space between his circle ears. When we got out to the car, Maddy strapped him into the seat belt next to her and reported Mickey was watching her all the way home. (She also told me Mickey really wanted to go to the dollar store.)
At home, I tried to tell Maddy we were going to pack Mickey in a box until next year's Christmas season, but she told me Mickey would be taking a nap with her. Maddy won.
I thought the novelty might have worn off by bedtime, but, no, those two are off to Dreamland together. Can you believe she even shares her pillow. Those two are tight.

No comments:
Post a Comment