Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Snack Attack

We are in dress rehearsals for the community theater show "Oliver!" which opens this weekend. The early call requires us to eat an early supper before heading to the theater, and we have not been getting out of there until 10:00 most nights, so, I have been bringing snacks for all the kids. I mean, just grabbing a bag of pretzels, a bag of kettle corn, a package of cookies, a jug of water, and the like, for my four, young actors and anyone else who has the munchies. 

My children started getting particular, or just tired of sharing, and they asked me if they could each select their own snack and bring it just for her/himself. I said that was fine, and told them to go to the kitchen and choose their snacks to pack for the evening. I am still giggling about what they each chose, as I scratch my head over what their choices might mean:

Madeline: pre-made peanut butter and jelly sandwich
Benjamin: apple
Elisabeth: full-sized bag of Goldfish crackers
Amanda: peppermint Hershey's Kisses

No comments: