Friday, September 16, 2016

The Blessings Bunch

It was a long day, packed with blessings.


It was a quick, solo visit, in advance of her 101st birthday this weekend. I hadn't told her I was coming, so she was surprised. We enjoy one another. I wish I lived closer so I could see her more regularly, and I believe she wishes for that, too.

While I was away, Elisabeth auditioned for Chamber Choir at her school. She is now trying to figure out how to juggle that rehearsal with swimming meets. Meanwhile at the high school, the cast list went up for the fall play and Amanda's name was on it. She is thrilled-- didn't expect to be cast because she is a new freshman and so many students were at tryouts. We are so proud!

Our family capped the day with an evening out-- kind of a belated birthday outing for Dad. After grabbing supper, we saw the world premiere of "Elephant and Piggie are in a Play." The woman who this past summer directed the musical they were in is playing Piggie. Great fun for all!





No comments: