I signed up to have our family photo taken for the church directory. Even though new directories come out every few years, I have avoided this activity ever since we had kids. Kids are not clean. They don't sit still. They don't follow directions. They develop the fake "cheese" smile at way too young an age. Forget it. However, at this point in our lives, we are more involved in our community, our school, and our church, which are all basically one in the same. And, we believe our family is now complete, with Madeline missing from our last family picture. Plus, with the fall timing, I thought maybe I could get a Christmas card out of the deal.
So, I coordinated, scrubbed, herded, combed, fixed, arranged, scolded, rearranged, bit my tongue, held my breath, and faked my grin through the whole session. But, we did it. From what I could see squinting at the thumbnails on a computer screen, in between rounds of chasing after kids, the pictures looked OK. We ordered Christmas cards and a couple prints of the kids. Then, there was the free 8x10, our gift for coming in, in the same pose that would appear in the church directory.
Today, the photos came in the mail. And, here's what's set to be printed in hundreds of copies of our church directory:
Yep, my boobs.
I'm sorry about the photo quality. You would think this company would have the images online so I could just pirate them, but, no... I actually had to lay out the print and take photos of the photo. Still, I think you've seen enough.
Maybe to you it doesn't look that bad. However, my bra and my dress are the same color, similar material, and both of a plain design. So, you might not be able to tell that the whole front of my dress is pulled off. (I'm guessing the baby is sitting on it.) If you really look closely-- and please don't-- you will find this mother of four is essentially posing topless. I told Todd I was calling to complain and request a change, but he really didn't see the problem. He wouldn't.
1 comment:
WOW
Post a Comment