ANNOUNCING: My niece, Lucia Marie! She was born just before 9 this morning, a mere 48 hours or so after arriving at the hospital in her mommy's belly. Turns out Lucia was mighty comfy in there, and well fed, I might add, as she made her earthly debut at 9 pounds 1 ounce and 21.75 inches! Mom Kristin and Dad Ted are over the moon, as are the rest of us.
Elisabeth said, "Lucia is my best cousin EVER!" (Sorry, Kazmer, Solomon and Oliver.) Later, she asked me, "Do you want to know why I love Lucia so much?" When I said I did want to know why, Libby said, "Because she's a girl and because she's just like me."
Even though I have three girls, my sister has all boys, so the terms "girl cousin" and "niece" are very new to Krinkeland. The cheeks! The thighs! The kitten-like cry! The curly hair! The new-baby smell! Oh, how we love Lucia already!
"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." (1 Samuel 1:27)
4 comments:
Awwwwww she looks like a little doll. Seems like only yesterday My own babies were that small. Enjoy your beautiful niece! Blessings, Joanne
JEALOUS OVER HERE :( Need to squeeze on her ASAP.
Oh, she is beautiful! So excited for K and T! Give them all a hug from me!
How wonderful! What a beautiful baby! I hope someone thought to let Gua know she had a namesake.
Post a Comment