Happy birthday to my FIL, Harlan! I specify because, yes, I have two. This guy married my MIL just a few months after Todd and I were married... so I especially feel he and I share a bond in coming into this family at the same time. We are in it together!
Now, I don't make it a habit to give shout-outs to anyone and everyone on their birthdays-- but this is a special one. You already know that Harlan has esophageal cancer. Next week, he begins aggressive radiation and chemotherapy treatment. But, first, tomorrow, he will have surgery to place a port and a feeding tube. Please pray that all goes smoothly, and follow Harlan's cancer journey here.
Yes, this will be a big year, filled with change. Some of the changes will be temporary, some will be permanent. We are all learning as we go... And I have faith that Harlan, and the rest of his family, will all come out stronger on the other side of this.
Please join me in wishing Harlan the happiest of birthdays, and many, many more!
No comments:
Post a Comment