Monday, October 15, 2007

Get Your Flu Shot

Benjamin had his 15-month checkup today: 19 lbs. 11 oz. (less than 5th percentile), 31 in. long (25th percentile,) 19 1/4 in. head circumference (95th percentile!) All was well. We talked a bit about the genetics experience, and the doctor said she had actually heard of this rare syndrome. She said it was helpful from her perspective to know she hadn't been missing anything glaring, and she agreed that we not go overboard with more tests and doctors in the future.

We did go ahead with the Hepatitis A vaccine today. With every child, it seems there are new immunizations. This one, I'm told, they are recommending particularly because of the masses of immigrants coming into this area and bringing with them the disease.

Ben, Libby and I also had our flu shots today. I figure it can't hurt. Libby said it didn't hurt! After watching Benjamin scream his head off and looking as though she might pass out, I was a little worried. But she was so brave. I'm sending Amanda and Todd to get theirs tonight. They just don't know it yet.

No comments: