Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Not the Reaction I Expected

I think Benjamin is having a reaction to one of yesterday's immunizations. He went to bed OK, but woke up screaming around 11:30, and was pretty miserable the whole night. He was running a fever (up to 102) and just crying, crying, crying. I finally got a dose of Tylenol in him, after he threw up the Motrin... None of my kids can take medicine, and I can't blame them, because I've always been a gagger myself. My mom would call that payback.

Today his fever is somewhat lower, but he's still miserable-- and making me miserable, too. I am spoiled with such a pleasant baby. I was used to being screamed at by Elisabeth. Now, I don't know how to handle it. Speaking of which, I hear him bellering again, so I'm off to give it another try. You'd think I'd be better at this by now.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Hang in there. This, too, shall pass.