I was happy to watch the boys, but I was a bit worried, because Kazmer had a doctor's appointment, so, for the first hour or so, it would be just Solomon. Elisabeth and Kaz play so well together, I wasn't sure how this would go. But, no worries. Libby tried to get Sol to do and play whatever she wanted to do-- somehow, magically, without touching any of her stuff... and he said "OK" to everything... but then wandered off to do his own thing after a few moments.
Finally, both decided to read books. Libby would say, "Pick out a book, Solly, and I'll read it to you." Next, I'd hear, "No, that one's too long... No, I don't know the words to that one... No, we read that one last time." When he eventually achieved approval on his book selection, Elisabeth said, "Now, come over here and sit on my lap and we'll read."
Of course, this is the best part, because, although they are two years apart in age, they are less than five pounds apart in weight. (And that's really sad, because Sol is a lightweight, too.) Then, I heard, "Uhhh. OK, maybe you should sit next to me on the chair." When Elisabeth started "reading" the book, she claimed it was called, "Thomas Finds a New Place to Sit."
No comments:
Post a Comment