Thursday, January 24, 2008

Nice (Ice) Mom

Apparently, I'm not the only one who's fed up with the cold. Schools here in town are starting two hours late. Unfortunately, I didn't know that until Amanda had been standing at the bus stop for about 10 minutes.

I had the television on this morning, flipping between the news shows, until about 7:45. That's when we tackle dressing and breakfast before the bus comes (usually) at 8:15. I feel like a jerk that I didn't know-- doesn't that seem late to make the call? Well, I'm sure they made the call earlier, but the crawl wasn't running when I was looking.

I was getting really torqued that the bus driver was late, and had just run to the garage to start the car and give Amanda a warmer place to wait... when she hiked back down the driveway. Finally, someone had stopped and said, "Go inside and tell your dumb mommy that school is delayed." Or, maybe that was Amanda's editorializing...

You know I'm kidding, right? I currently have just the one child who talks about me that way.

A delayed start also means Elisabeth has no preschool. That's OK. We can all just stay home. Ben and I are still in our jammies. The upside to this schedule: Two more hours of Polly Pocket Race to the Mall! I love it when Libby sings the theme song, "Race to the mall-- ready, set, go! Polly wheels, yeah! That's how we roll!"

1 comment:

Ellen said...

People in Buffalo are wimps.