A woman recently commented to me, "You can't live in Minnesota and not like winter." I am here to attest to the fact that yes, you can. I've never strayed outside the upper Midwest for more than a week at a time, and I've never gotten used to our winters. It's OK up until New Year's or so. The snow is pretty for the holidays, etc. But that's it.
It has been so cold of late, I hate to even go outside. But, when girls have to get to and from school, and kids need to drink milk and eat bananas, and movies need to be rented and returned, there we go. Ben actually cried during the dash from the Wal-Mart doors to the car door. And, if I have to say one more time, "Zip up your coat! Put on your hat..." Wait-- that would be a totally empty threat, because I'm probably going to have to say that thousands more times in this mommy lifetime.
1 comment:
RIGHT ON!
Post a Comment