Benjamin took 11 steps (in a row) during his PT this morning. How does Margaret do it? She gives him a mission-- Put the magnet on the board. Take the blocks back to the bus. Give Mommy a Froot Loop. The reasons are two-fold: It gives him incentive and purpose to walk, and it shows him the value of walking (He can move and still hold things in his hands.) See all I'm learning? I have also learned not to call physical therapy "therapy." People look at you oddly if you say your toddler is in therapy.
At the end of his hour, when he was all pooped out, Ben decided to escape from Margaret and me. He crawled out of the toy room and tore off down the hall. I pretended to chase him and he rammed head-first into the wall. He knocked his forehead on the baseboard and got a nasty gash on his temple. Todd has been worried about those sharp corners, but apparently the middle of the wall is just as dangerous.
No comments:
Post a Comment