Tuesday, July 1, 2008

WALL.E Movie Really Dumb-y


Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Terry and I took all the kids (minus Oliver, otherwise occupied) to see the movie "WALL.E." Before going in, here's what I knew about the movie: it's made by Disney/Pixar; and it's about a robot. After seeing the film, I can now tell you those are the two most interesting facts about "WALL.E."

It's the story of a robot designed to collect garbage, who has developed a personality, after spending 700 years roaming a desolate, trash-covered Earth. All the people had to flee to outer space, to escape from the dung heaps they created. In space, they became even more slovenly and lazy than they had been on Earth. Then, they sent another robot, EVE, to look for signs of life. WALL.E showed her the plant he had recently discovered growing out of the debris, and lots of excitement and hijinx ensued.

Benjamin's favorite part of the movie was the Disney animation showing fireworks over Cinderella's castle at the open. Of course, Amanda said it was "great"-- but, then, she is her father's daughter. In my opinion, chasing Ben around the theater was more fun than watching this movie. I'm just sorry I wasted my mom's money.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Glad I missed it.