Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dig Me Up and Haul Me Away


I have committed botanicide.

Before I had children, I instead had beautiful house plants. In recent years, the proper care and feeding of said house plants has gone by the wayside, along with novel reading, calorie counting, and regular car cleaning. Some of my plants started looking so bad, my all-things-green-loving mother actually recommended, "Why don't you just pitch some of those poor things?"

So, I did-- just took the sorriest of the bunch and sent them to that huge greenhouse in the sky. To make things worse, Tarzan came today with his chainsaw to wipe out the oak tree I tried so valiantly to save these past two years. The house construction, landscape design and one huge pileated woodpecker were not kind to the old oak, and he bit the dust.

There is now a chlorophyll shortage in and around our home. Good news is I'm still looking pretty green.

No comments: