You may have noticed when you post comments on this blog, they do not immediately appear. Some time ago, I changed the settings so I can moderate them, which basically just means I read them first and then decide whether to post them so they appear for all to see in the "Comments" section.
Krinkeland is not "private," in that anyone can read it; you don't need to sign in, and I don't have any way of tracking who comes to the site. However, it is also not part of the "public domain," meaning people should not come upon it by accident. It does not appear when one is just browsing through random blogs; you have to know the address and type it in to access Krinkeland.
However, one day, some months back, a strange comment appeared after one of my posts. It was in broken English, from someone I didn't recognize. It turned out to be a harmless ploy by another blogger to try to direct people to his/her site. But it kind of weirded me out. So, that's when I made the change... and why. I love comments and I think others like reading them, too. I post whatever I get each time I log on.
No comments:
Post a Comment