
I was up way too early this morning (don't even ask) making a recipe, and, while trying unsuccessfully to multi-task, I melted the butter instead of softening it. Brilliantly, I made the decision to go ahead using melted butter in the mixture. After adding vanilla, sugar and three eggs, and beating it all together, I, of course, had really runny, really greasy, really sweet scrambled eggs. I was very mad at myself because eggs and butter are so expensive these days, but, for the sake of the cake, I tossed the mess and started over. This time I got it right, and the cake is good.
However, that is not the silver lining to my story. When I later checked my email, there was a message from my mom telling me that Cub Foods was having a three-day sale, with butter and eggs at $0.99! Sometimes, it's the little things...
1 comment:
You were making a cake from SCRATCH? That's just asking for trouble. Your daughter better not tell my son how good her mom's cake tastes, LOL. I'll do lots of things for my kids--but cakes came in a box for a reason! :D
Post a Comment