
The preschoolers are studying the letter "H," so that made today Hat Day. We lined up all Benjamin's hats and he considered each before making his final choice. He decided on his Shrek hat, which is hilarious. (I should take a picture.) But the runner-up was a really nice red ball cap with a navy brim and a letter "B" embroidered on the front. I believe Todd bought Ben the hat on one of his airport-souvenir-stand shopping sprees following a conference in Boston.
"What does the 'B' mean, Mom?" Ben asked me. "Well, 'B' is the first letter in the word 'Boston.' That's where Daddy bought you this hat." He pressed on, "But what does the 'B' mean?" I told him that this particular B was the symbol of a professional baseball team, based in Boston-- the Boston Red Sox. My son put his hands on his hips, rolled his eyes, and snickered: "Yeah, right, Mom. Like anyone would name their ball team after their clothes!" And he walked off shaking his head.
No comments:
Post a Comment