Sunday, March 25, 2012

Taking Note

Elisabeth has taken to leaving me notes. I don't think she's quite yet at that hormonal threshold when it's just too painful to communicate face-to-face. I think it has more to do with being pleased with herself for learning cursive handwriting, as well as having an adorable collection of mini-notebooks.

Last night, when Todd and I returned home, there was a letter waiting on my pillow. Just a general, "Hi, Mom, Welcome home. Hope you had fun. Can't wait for tomorrow! Love, Libby."

This evening, while putting the girls to bed, I commented on their room looking like a squatter's refuge-- as it always does. Instead of picking up the dirty laundry from the floor, Libby sat down on the bed and picked up a Hello Kitty spiral-bound and a nub of a pencil: "Dear Mom, Sorry about the room. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Love, Libby."

Hopefully, tomorrow, she will figure out it has nothing to do with "hope" and will stop apologizing about "the room" and just pick up her junk.

1 comment:

Noel Paukert said...

That girl is really her OWN person...maybe she is planning to be a writer, like her MOTHER!