Thursday, June 28, 2012

Grandpa's Hands: Stress Erasers

Today brought with it a fair share of challenges-- nothing major, just: we're-late-for-day-camp-the-puppy-pooped-on-the-floor-where's-my-other-shoe-since-when-don't-you-like-green-Jello-this-meeting-makes-me-nervous-the-cable-modem-still-isn't-working-how-am-I-ever-going-to-learn-my-lines-it-is-too-blasted-hot-outside-when-are-those-lazy-morons-coming-back-to-fill-in-this-dangerous-and-ugly-trench-they-dug-in-my-front-yard:

At some point in the afternoon, I did get it through my thick skull that I needed to simplify-- easier said than done-- but I did take a couple evening options off the table, and assured the children that after Benjamin's t-ball game we would go home and relax.  I was still feeling overwhelmed and anxious as I herded my brood to head home from our last activity.  Then, I looked up and saw this:
My 10-year-old, strolling through the park, hand-in-hand-in-hand-in-hand with her grandpas-- a moment that reminds me why I'm here and "makes it all worthwhile."

3 comments:

Ellen said...

LOVE that picture!!!

Have you recorded your lines so you can listen to them wherever you go?

Noel Paukert said...

One more example of why our Grand children are so easy to love!

Noel Paukert said...

One more example of how easy it is to love our grand children! Grandpa P