Elisabeth and Amanda had their last day of school for the year. So, we now have a third grader and a fifth grader in the house. (At least, that is now how they refer to themselves!) Amanda was home for less than an hour before she started complaining she was bored. This afternoon, however, was not the time to launch into any new projects or to make any big plans.
Summer will get into full-swing for us here at home next week. In the meantime, we're packing and traveling. All four kids get to go to Grandma and Grandpa P.'s tomorrow, while I head to San Francisco for the Birthright International conference. While I am gone, Todd will also help my brother and SIL move into and get settled in their new house... and I think they are also going to put in the yard this weekend. Plus, he'll have all the kids. And, please, don't let him forget about the puppy! I am sure Grandma and Grandpa R. will help out, too. Lots of excitement in the air.
It's a small blip on the calendar of life, but still high-stress in Krinkeland, since Mommy never goes anywhere! Once I got bags packed for all the kids, I had to figure out what I was doing for myself. My friend and traveling companion has informed me it is currently below freezing in San Fran, and we can expect temps in the 50s and 60s all weekend. So, I am packing about twice the clothes I originally planned. And four books. Todd has been laughing at me as I've asked whether I can take a laptop... how much shampoo it's legal to take... what about fingernail clippers... does this really count as a carry-on?
I'm exhausted before the trip even begins.
No comments:
Post a Comment