Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bad Idea


Just my opinion, but I think a during-the-week birthday party for little kids is a bad idea. Amanda has been invited to a couple of these, and they seem to create a lot more mayhem than they're worth. We have enough trouble juggling school, homework, and piano lessons. Today, I have to get a gift, pick her up from school (because she'd be late for the party if she rode the bus home,) take a change of clothes, take her to the party, leave early with her to get to piano... and on and on and on. I know, I know, Mom-- a party invitation is just that, an invitation, but you try telling that to the world's most social six-year-old.

By the way, for the barf-o-phobes like me, I think it was something she ate. Though my last post was written in my usual dramatic style, Amanda was only actually sick for about 10 minutes.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I think that kid sticking his hand in the birthday candles is a bad idea!